Field First Aid
Contact email@example.com to request specific information or report problems with files/links.
Field First Aid on Twitter
About @1staid4: posts on Twitter, #1stAid4 peoples in need of emergency First Aid information, e.g. #1staid4 #haiti and #1staid4 #chile All material is obtained from professional/reliable/vetted sources.
First aid, preparedness, and safety information in Creole/Kreyol, French, and Spanish, such as water contamination, fractures, etc can be found posted on Twitter by @1staid4. Information includes how-to steps for treatment of injuries or treatment of water for purification. There are also first aid tips, trends based on current conditions in Haiti. In addition, we post links to images of first aid treatment as published by @Hesperian Books and other organizations. FirstEmergency info-Creole/Kreyol-French-Spanish: water contamination, fractures, etc
CREOLE FOR MEDICAL CARE
– Guide for non-Creole-speaking medical personal
– English to Creole with pictures and phoenetics
Donate Blood to Help Save Lives!
* Every two seconds, someone needs a blood transfusion.
* 38% of the U.S population is eligible to donate blood, but only 10% of Americans do so.
* Every unit of blood can save up to three lives.
The American Red Cross is responding to the tragic earthquake in Haiti by providing first aid, food and water, emotional support and emergency relief supplies. The American Red Cross is providing blood and blood products this week at the request of the Pan American Health Organization (PAHO) and will coordinate future requests for blood among its blood collector partners.
“Where There is No Doctor”*
Help Haiti Heal seeks to provide practical, easily understood information on how to manage health concerns and injuries that occur following a disaster.
Urgent response methods & means include:
- Immediate actions to take at point-of- care. These can both save lives and provide for obtaining additional care.
- The diagnosis, treatment, and prevention of infections resulting from disasters.